From: stephane letz
Subject: Problem when loading  aclgut32.dll
Hi,

I'm using Allegro Common Lisp 2.0 under  Windows 95. I have some
problems when using a 16 bit dll. My dll seems to use a system dll
aclgut32.dll and i have the following error :
"Can not load aclgut32.dll"

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Stephane Letz

From: Cyber Surfer
Subject: Re: Problem when loading  aclgut32.dll
In article <············@rd.grame.fr> ····@rd.grame.fr "stephane letz" writes:

> I'm using Allegro Common Lisp 2.0 under  Windows 95. I have some
> problems when using a 16 bit dll. My dll seems to use a system dll
> aclgut32.dll and i have the following error :
> "Can not load aclgut32.dll"

You should find aclgut32.dll in the same directory as the other
ACL files, i.e. lisp.exe, allegro.img, etc. If it's not there,
then that could easily be your problem.

I hope you're not trying to link 32bit code to 16bit code, as that
won't work unless you use <hawk, spit> thunks. I don't recommend it,
but it's possible.
--
<URL:http://www.enrapture.com/cybes/> "You can never browse enough."
From: Donald H. Mitchell
Cyber Surfer wrote:

> In article <············@rd.grame.fr> ····@rd.grame.fr "stephane letz" writes:
>
> > I'm using Allegro Common Lisp 2.0 under  Windows 95. I have some
> > problems when using a 16 bit dll. My dll seems to use a system dll
> > aclgut32.dll and i have the following error :
> > "Can not load aclgut32.dll"
>
> You should find aclgut32.dll in the same directory as the other
> ACL files, i.e. lisp.exe, allegro.img, etc. If it's not there,
> then that could easily be your problem.
>
> I hope you're not trying to link 32bit code to 16bit code, as that
> won't work unless you use <hawk, spit> thunks. I don't recommend it,
> but it's possible.

The aclgut32 is a universal thunk for doing what s/he wants (UT
standing for universal thunk).  S/he should ensure that the dll
is either in her/his system directory or working directory
(actually anywhere listed in the path var would be fine, but
it's a pain to find and remove stale dlls if you don't keep them
in standard places.)
--
Donald H. Mitchell              ···@pgh.net
Proactive Solutions, Inc.       412.835.2410
From: Cyber Surfer
In article <·············@pgh.net> ···@pgh.net "Donald H. Mitchell" writes:

> The aclgut32 is a universal thunk for doing what s/he wants (UT
> standing for universal thunk).  S/he should ensure that the dll
> is either in her/his system directory or working directory
> (actually anywhere listed in the path var would be fine, but
> it's a pain to find and remove stale dlls if you don't keep them
> in standard places.)

I was hoping to preserve my ignorance of thunks, but thanks. ;-)
--
<URL:http://www.enrapture.com/cybes/> "You can never browse enough."