From: Raja S.
Subject: Looking for the source of a quote
I'm looking for the source of a quotation which to the effect is
something like:

   "Scheme/Lisp is a great language for thinking about computation
    but perhaps not for performing them."

Anyone recall this?

Raja
····@cs.indiana.edu

From: Henry Baker
Subject: Re: Looking for the source of a quote
In article <······················@news.cs.indiana.edu>, "Raja S."
<····@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> I'm looking for the source of a quotation which to the effect is
> something like:
>
>    "Scheme/Lisp is a great language for thinking about computation
>     but perhaps not for performing them."
>
> Anyone recall this?

No, but the source is probably now embarrassed by this quote and wants to remain
anonymous...

--
www/ftp directory:
ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hb/hbaker/home.html
From: Cyber Surfer
In article <·······················@192.0.2.1>
           ······@netcom.com "Henry Baker" writes:

> > I'm looking for the source of a quotation which to the effect is
> > something like:
> >
> >    "Scheme/Lisp is a great language for thinking about computation
> >     but perhaps not for performing them."
> >
> > Anyone recall this?
>
> No, but the source is probably now embarrassed by this quote and wants to
>  remain
> anonymous...

That sounds like something a computer scientist might say. ;-)
--
<URL:http://www.demon.co.uk/community/index.html>
<URL:http://www.enrapture.com/cybes/namaste.html>
From: Marty Hall
In article <············@wildcard.demon.co.uk> ············@wildcard.demon.co.uk writes:
>           ······@netcom.com "Henry Baker" writes:
[...]
>That sounds like something a computer scientist might say. ;-)

A nice compliment to Henry from Cyber Surfer...