From: Harald Wilbertz
Subject: Allegro CL with Windows95 Problem
Hello everybody,

I have used Allegro CL for the PC under Windows 3.1 together with
the Win32s without serious problems. But now I upgraded to Windows
95 and my Lisp cannot be used anymore.

Probably reinstalling the old Win32s would generate a lot of
problems with my Windows95. Is there another way to use Allegro CL
in a 32 Bit environment without switching to Windows NT ?

Thanks in advance

Harald Wilbertz
From: David Browne
Subject: Re: Allegro CL with Windows95 Problem
Harald Wilbertz (···········@CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: Hello everybody,

: I have used Allegro CL for the PC under Windows 3.1 together with
: the Win32s without serious problems. But now I upgraded to Windows
: 95 and my Lisp cannot be used anymore.

: Probably reinstalling the old Win32s would generate a lot of
: problems with my Windows95. Is there another way to use Allegro CL
: in a 32 Bit environment without switching to Windows NT ?

: Thanks in advance

: Harald Wilbertz

If you go to their web site, http://www.franz.com, they explain
how to get ACL 2.0 working with Windows 95.  You can get the ACL for Win
FAQ there also.  Their ftp site also has this stuff,
	ftp.uu.net://vendors/franz/....

David Browne