From: Luca Lizzeri
Subject: Re: Q: where to find code for COND, LET, DO, etc.
··@niche.telnetwork.it (Luca Lizzeri) wrote:

>I am very curious as to how the various "system" macros are
>implemented.
>Anyone out there has any idea where to look ?

Turns out I had some idea about where to look: my hard disk.

I have GCL for Linux and CLisp for DOS and Linux. They both
come with lisp sources for system functions and macros.

For reference:
GCL: 	ftp://ftp.cli.com/pub/gcl
	ftp://ftp.ma.utexas.edu/pub/gcl
CLisp:	ftp://ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/pub/lisp/clisp.

Thanks to all who responded anyway.
Luca Lizzeri                                            Telefono: +39.2.8053884
··@niche.telnetwork.it                                       Fax: +39.2.4982660
                                                  Indirizzo: Via Caminadella, 6
                                                           20123 Milano, Italia

From: Jack Harper
In article <··········@stargate.telnetwork.it>, ··@niche.telnetwork.it
(Luca Lizzeri) wrote:

> ··@niche.telnetwork.it (Luca Lizzeri) wrote:
>
> >I am very curious as to how the various "system" macros are
> >implemented.
> >Anyone out there has any idea where to look ?
>
> Turns out I had some idea about where to look: my hard disk.
>
> I have GCL for Linux and CLisp for DOS and Linux. They both
> come with lisp sources for system functions and macros.
>
> For reference:
> GCL:    ftp://ftp.cli.com/pub/gcl
>         ftp://ftp.ma.utexas.edu/pub/gcl
> CLisp:  ftp://ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/pub/lisp/clisp.
>
> Thanks to all who responded anyway.
> Luca Lizzeri                                            Telefono:
+39.2.8053884
> ··@niche.telnetwork.it                                       Fax:
+39.2.4982660
>                                                   Indirizzo: Via
Caminadella, 6
>                                                            20123 Milano,
Italia

You might also read, if you have not already, as a point of historical
interest, if nothing else, John McCarthy's book "Lisp 1.5 Programmer's
Manual" (circa 1965) for the original ideas etc. from God himself. Page 70
is a good spot to start.

Regards.

Jack Harper                             Bank Systems 2000, Inc.
e-mail: ·······@bs2000.com              350 Indiana Street, Suite 350
voice:  303-277-1892 fax: 303-277-1785  Golden, Colorado 80401 USA

                 "21st Century Banking Applications"
                Private Label Bank Laser Card Systems
            Visit our Web Page: http://www.bs2000.com/talos
From: Scott Wheeler
In Article <························@p2.denver1.dialup.csn.net> Jack
Harper writes:

>You might also read, if you have not already, as a point of historical
>interest, if nothing else, John McCarthy's book "Lisp 1.5 Programmer's
>Manual" (circa 1965) for the original ideas etc. from God himself.

I don't suppose anyone's ever re-printed? I'd like to get a copy.

Scott
From: Richard M. Alderson III
In article <······@bmtech.demon.co.uk> Scott Wheeler
<······@bmtech.demon.co.uk> writes:

>In Article <························@p2.denver1.dialup.csn.net> Jack Harper
>writes:

>>You might also read, if you have not already, as a point of historical
>>interest, if nothing else, John McCarthy's book "Lisp 1.5 Programmer's
>>Manual" (circa 1965) for the original ideas etc. from God himself.

>I don't suppose anyone's ever re-printed? I'd like to get a copy.

I believe it's still in print, from MIT Press.  My 10-year-old copy has the
ISBN 0-262-13011-4.  They are, at the very least, a good place to start.
--
Rich Alderson   You know the sort of thing that you can find in any dictionary
                of a strange language, and which so excites the amateur philo-