From: thief
Subject: Golden Commaon Lisp
I have installed the Golden Common lisp Version 4.3 in my PC.
After I got into the program and when I type "(ED)" to load the "GMACS"
editor. I got an error which says "Run out of FEF space. Reset stack".
Can anyone help? What is "FEF"?

--

                              ( ( (
       ...Jupiter...           ) ) )    My greatest glory
From: Ray Fink
Subject: Re: Golden Commaon Lisp
········@iscs.nus.sg (thief) writes:
>I have installed the Golden Common lisp Version 4.3 in my PC.
>After I got into the program and when I type "(ED)" to load the "GMACS"
>editor. I got an error which says "Run out of FEF space. Reset stack".
>Can anyone help? What is "FEF"?

FEF space is used for static code space (the acronym escapes me at the
moment) rather than atom or cons space.  You've probably got dynamic
allocation turned off, or ran out of memory and couldn't allocate more.
See the section in the User's Guide on Memory Allocation; depending
on your application needs it may be useful to change the default
allocation parameters to put more into FEF rather than atom or
cons space.

-- Ray Fink -- Idaho National Engineering Laboratory -- Idaho Falls ID
	···@inel.gov			208-526-2748