From: Peter Ward
Subject: ACL Web version :: corrupt files
I downloaded the free version, all 4296371 bytes, over an hour :(
Installer said it was OK but when I run it a dialog appears saying
"It appears some files are corrupted". To be sure I downloaded it
all again but to no avail. I am using Windows 3.1 win the recommended
Win32S. It won't run at all under NT3.5. Anybody else having similar
problems or can offer advice?
--

    Peter Ward             ····@mondas.demon.co.uk
                                   +44 1932 828822

From: [Invalid-From-Line]
Subject: Re: ACL Web version :: corrupt files
Peter Ward <····@mondas.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I downloaded the free version, all 4296371 bytes, over an hour :(
>Installer said it was OK but when I run it a dialog appears saying
>"It appears some files are corrupted". To be sure I downloaded it
>all again but to no avail. I am using Windows 3.1 win the recommended
>Win32S. It won't run at all under NT3.5. Anybody else having similar
>problems or can offer advice?
>--

>    Peter Ward             ····@mondas.demon.co.uk
>                                   +44 1932 828822

Franz said that there was a conflict with the SHARE program when
trying to run it under WIN32S.  They said that they would be putting
a new version up there shortly.
From: Steve Glass
Peter Ward writes:

> It won't run at all under NT3.5.

Same experience here. Installs Ok, but a double click on the
Franz icon buys me silence. If it gets fixed how about a
European site which isn't as fussy as ftp.uu.net (see my
earlier post on that subject).

Steve
From: Charles A. Cox
  The Allegro CL for Windows Web release has been updated to fix the
problems detected with the original Web release.  The Web Release may
get updated at any time, and you can always check if there's been an
update by checking the release date via the Franz Inc. web page
(http://www.franz.com).

  The problems fixed with the latest release include reporting file
corruption when there actually was no corruption (this problem only
happened to Windows 3.1 users running DOS SHARE).

  Also, a message is now displayed when trying to run Allegro CL for
Windows under Windows NT versions earlier than Windows NT 3.51.  The
reason Allegro CL depends on Windows NT 3.51 is that this NT release
is the first to include the Windows 95 Common Controls, which Allegro
CL now uses.

  To sum up, here are the Windows requirements for running Allegro CL
for Windows Web Release:

EITHER
 Windows 95, OR
 Windows NT 3.51, OR
 Windows 3.1 / Windows for Workgroups 3.11 WITH Win32s 1.30.

  Win32s 1.30 is included with the Web Release.

  We welcome any feedback regarding the Allegro CL for Windows Web
Release.  Please send comments to ····@franz.com".

	Charley

--
---
Charles A. Cox, Franz Inc.        1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
From: Dirk Wright
Charles A. Cox (···@Franz.COM) wrote:
:   The Allegro CL for Windows Web release has been updated to fix the
: problems detected with the original Web release.  The Web Release may
: get updated at any time, and you can always check if there's been an
: update by checking the release date via the Franz Inc. web page
: (http://www.franz.com).

Thank you for correcting the problem with the dos share.exe program.

Dirk
From: Dirk Wright
Peter Ward (····@mondas.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: I downloaded the free version, all 4296371 bytes, over an hour :(
: Installer said it was OK but when I run it a dialog appears saying
: "It appears some files are corrupted". To be sure I downloaded it
: all again but to no avail. I am using Windows 3.1 win the recommended
: Win32S. It won't run at all under NT3.5. Anybody else having similar
: problems or can offer advice?
: --

The current version has a conflict with the DOS share.exe program. It's
posted on the Franz web site, and they say it will be fixed with the next
issue of Alegro CL.

Dirk