From: A. Bruce McDonald
Subject: stream question
Hi -

I am writting a group communications facility which is beign integrated into
a LISP system.  I am not familiar with LISP.  I do have a question which I
hope someone can help with.

We are using a stream (actually a UNIX socket) to send messages to another process.
I want to be able to access the actual socket (or file) descriptor which is
an "element" in the stream object.  In other words - we use a LISP function to
send messages - this take s the stream as an argument - however we are
recieving using a "C" foreign function which requires the socket descriptor.
We can see that this is in the stream object, but we do not know how to
get at it directly.

If anyone knows how to do this - I appreciate any pointers.  Thanks

--Bruce

A. Bruce McDonald
·······@tele.lis.pitt.edu
University of Pittsburgh				"All Good Things..."

Work Phone: (412) 624-9490
Home Phone: (412) 731-0767