From: Samuel J. Rauch
Subject: Allegro CL 4.2 and *print-length*
I am having trouble with Allegro CL 4.2 truncating my output and I
believe that it is due to the *print-length* symbol.  However I can't
seem to set it with (setf (symbol-value *print-length*) ##) or (set
*print-length* ##).  Does anyone know what I might be able to do?

} Samuel J. Rauch
} AI Lab, EECS Department, University of Michigan
} e-mail: ······@umich.edu
} WWW Homepage: http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~srauch/
From: Marty Hall
Subject: Re: Allegro CL 4.2 and *print-length*
In article <········································@krusty.eecs.umich.edu>
"Samuel J. Rauch" <······@krusty.eecs.umich.edu> writes:

>I am having trouble with Allegro CL 4.2 truncating my output and I
>believe that it is due to the *print-length* symbol.  However I can't
>seem to set it with (setf (symbol-value *print-length*) ##) or (set
>*print-length* ##).  Does anyone know what I might be able to do?

Just (setq *print-length* <value>) is sufficient. However, there are
a couple of different contexts where *print-length* can show up. The
top-level output is controlled by tpl:*print-length*. Output in the
debugger is controlled by tpl:*zoom-print-length*. Otherwise
*print-length* controls it.

USER(37): (setq *print-length* 4)
4
USER(38): (setq tpl:*print-length* 6)
6
USER(39): (let ((test (loop for I from 1 to 10 collecting I)))
	    (print test)    ; *print-length controls this
	    test            ; tpl:*print-length* controls this
	    )

(1 2 3 4 ...)
(1 2 3 4 5 6 ...)

Cheers-