From: stephane Letz
Subject: Re: Looking for MIDI tools in lisp
In article (Dans l'article) <··············@tabitha.atype.com>,
···@atype.com wrote (�crivait)�:

> I'm interested in doing some work on a little project of mine which
> requires MIDI output. I was wondering if anyone knew of any extensions
> for any lisp, preferably Scheme, that would let you generate MIDI
> files.

You can maybe try MidiShare , a Midi operating system that you can acces
from Lisp (MCL on Macintosh), this allows to play Midi directly from Lisp
without having to generate a Midifile before. (you can of course generate
MidiFile if you really need to)

More info at:

http://www.grame.fr/english/MidiShare.html

Ftp server is available at ftp.grame.fr , it contains a MidiShare
interface to MCL and a tutorial.

If you want to use Scheme, it is also possible to provide an interface
between MidiShare and Scheme if your Scheme is able to call foreign functions.

Stephane Letz