From: Heinrich Taube
Subject: Re: Looking for MIDI tools in lisp
In comp.lang.lisp article <··············@tabitha.atype.com> you wrote:
> I'm interested in doing some work on a little project of mine which
> requires MIDI output. I was wondering if anyone knew of any extensions
> for any lisp, preferably Scheme, that would let you generate MIDI
> files.

Common Music has lots of support for reading, writing and playing midi files.
You can get the sources via anonymous ftp:
ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu:/pub/Lisp/cm.*
Look in the midi subdirectory for the implementation files, you dont even need
to build all of the system to use this code.  Documentation is in doc/midi.rtf

Rick Taube, Composition/Theory Division
School of Music, University of Illinois, Urbana IL 61801 USA
Net: ·····@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu Fax: 217-244-4585 Vox: 217-244-2684