From: Adam Heath Clark
Subject: Basic question
I didn't see this in the FAQ (although I wasn't sure where to look...)

I'm trying to collect a list of directions that a robot is moving.  They
come from all over the place so I have a function that takes a direction
and adds it to the list.  The list is 'robotpath' and the direction
is 'dir.'  I've tried (nconc robotpath (list dir)),
(setf robotpath (append robotpath (list dir))), etc. but I get the
same behavior every time: every other run of the program the first
value I try to put in gets lost.

I feel like there's something really simple I'm missing but I don't
get it.

Thanks

Adam
······@cs.stanford.edu