From: Kenneth R. Knight
Subject: Cross-platform LISP development, how?
I expect to be working on a project that'll require using LSIP. It is in
essence a combination of several medical tools including semi-intellegent
dynamic forms creation/display for allowing data entry and sophisiticated
user defined rules processing of that data with appropriate back
tracking. We need to create this software for multiple platforms and Lisp
looks like the only langauge we can really go with for Mac and PC
products. A major key to doing this is good cross-platform GUI tools and
I'm not quite sure what Lisp has to provide in this area. I've ehard of
CLIM, but no little about it (except that MCL might not support the
current version). Are the cross-platform tools available to do what I
need especially where the GUI is concerned? Thanks...

  ** Ken **
From: Karsten Poeck
Subject: Re: Cross-platform LISP development, how?
In article <·········@cwis-20.wayne.edu>, ······@sphinx.biosci.wayne.edu
(Kenneth R. Knight) wrote:

> tracking. We need to create this software for multiple platforms and Lisp
> looks like the only langauge we can really go with for Mac and PC
> products. A major key to doing this is good cross-platform GUI tools and
> I'm not quite sure what Lisp has to provide in this area. I've ehard of

There are people working on cross-platform GUI tools for ACL/WINDOWS 2.0
and Macintosh Common Lisp.

We wrote such a beast by hacking the MCL interface on top of ACL/W and now
have sort of portable sources.
(ftp://ftp.digitool.com//pub/mcl/contrib/mcl2aclw.zip)

Unfortunable the code is not really documented and very specific to our
needs, but it might give you a start.

I heard of other groups working on the same thing, but they didn't
released that yet

 Karsten A. Poeck, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI, Universitaet Wuerzburg
 Allesgrundweg 12, 97218 Gerbrunn, Germany
 E-mail: ·····@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
 Tel ++ 49  931 70561 18, Fax ++ 49 931 70561 20
 http://wi6a76.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/HTMLs/ls6-info/Assis/poeck/poeck.html