From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: CMUCL question (Pixmaps and Motif)
Hello,

I am trying to use CMUCL Motif interface to get a 'label gadget' to
display an image or a Pixmap.

I am trying the following

	(create-label-gadget
		parent
		"myLabelWithImage"
		:label-type :pixmap
		:label-pixmap
		(xlib:read-bitmap-file "filename.xbm"))

In this case I get a toolkit error like: IMAGE type not handled.
Fine, I then try

	(create-label-gadget
		parent
		"myLabelWithImage"
		:label-type :pixmap
		:label-pixmap
		(xlib:image-pixmap
		 (widget-window main-window)
		 (xlib:read-bitmap-file "filename.xbm")))

But, in this case I two kinds of error: the lisp side signals an error
like "Unknown type Pixmap", while the C side may signal "Warning: unknown
resource labelType".

Using 'set-values' does not seem to solve the problem either.

Has anybody tried anything similar?

Apologies for the informal description of the problem. My impression
is that the CMUCL/Motif interface does not handle at all images and
pixmaps (at least in the case of the label-gadget). But I do not have
too much time to track the problem down.

Thanks in advance for any help

Marco
--
Marco G. Antoniotti - Resistente Umano
Robotics Lab		| room: 1220 - tel. #: (212) 998 3370

...e` la semplicita` che e` difficile a farsi.
...it is simplicity that is difficult to make.
				Bertholdt Brecht
From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: CMUCL question (Pixmaps and Motif)
More detail

   From: ·······@liberty.cs.nyu.edu (Marco Antoniotti)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   Date: 24 May 1995 14:13:55 GMT

[...]

The two errors are actually "Pixamp not handled" (Lisp side) and
"Unknown resource: labeType". The unknown resource can probably be
removed, but the bulk of the problem remains.

Thanks for any help