From: ian jordan
Subject: Steele-Common LISP wanted.....
Hi,
I have been trying to get hold of a copy of Steele's book "Common Lisp-
the Language" 2Edition.I have tried my local book shops plus a few larger
ones all to no avail.Can anybody tell me if this book is in print in
the UK-and if so any shop which can sell me a copy via(snail) mail-I
can only pay via cheque!
It would be nice if somebody who does have a copy could post the ISBN
number of it,I might be able to get a second hard book search done.
Thanks for any help!
Ian

--
Ian Jordan

Runcorn
Cheshire UK

From: Scott D. Anderson
Subject: Re: Steele-Common LISP wanted.....
In article <············@wusang.demon.co.uk> ian jordan <···@wusang.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I have been trying to get hold of a copy of Steele's book "Common Lisp-
> the Language" 2Edition.I have tried my local book shops plus a few larger
> ones all to no avail.Can anybody tell me if this book is in print in
> the UK-and if so any shop which can sell me a copy via(snail) mail-I
> can only pay via cheque!
> It would be nice if somebody who does have a copy could post the ISBN
> number of it,I might be able to get a second hard book search done.
> Thanks for any help!
> Ian
>
> --
> Ian Jordan
>
> Runcorn
> Cheshire UK

I can't help you with UK shops, since I'm in the US, but the ISBN is
1-55558-041-6.

Scott D. Anderson
········@cs.umass.edu
From: Pierpaolo Bernardi
Scott D. Anderson (········@earhart.cs.umass.edu) wrote:
: In article <············@wusang.demon.co.uk> ian jordan <···@wusang.demon.co.uk> writes:

: > I have been trying to get hold of a copy of Steele's book "Common Lisp-
: > the Language" 2Edition.I have tried my local book shops plus a few larger

I tried to order a copy some months ago.  After a couple
of month of waiting I had been told that is out of print, with
no plan to reprint it. We have to be happy with the html version.

  Bye.  Pierpaolo
From: Reinhard Urban
ian jordan (···@wusang.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> I have been trying to get hold of a copy of Steele's book "Common Lisp-
> the Language" 2Edition.I have tried my local book shops plus a few larger
> ones all to no avail.Can anybody tell me if this book is in print in
> the UK-and if so any shop which can sell me a copy via(snail) mail-I
> can only pay via cheque!
> It would be nice if somebody who does have a copy could post the ISBN
> number of it,I might be able to get a second hard book search done.
> Thanks for any help!
> Ian

I even went to the states to get a copy of this book, but no chance! Than I
realized why. It's online as HTML and there is donwloadable version to print
it by yourself. The HTML version is unfortunately not to read at home in
your bed :)

--
| Reini Urban alias ······@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at |
| AutoCAD Courses at the TU-Graz, Austria,    |
From: Ian Jordan
In article <··········@freespeech.tu-graz.ac.at>
           ······@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at "Reinhard Urban" writes:

> ian jordan (···@wusang.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> > I have been trying to get hold of a copy of Steele's book "Common Lisp-
> > the Language" 2Edition.I have tried my local book shops plus a few larger
> > ones all to no avail.Can anybody tell me if this book is in print in
> > the UK-and if so any shop which can sell me a copy via(snail) mail-I
> > can only pay via cheque!
> > It would be nice if somebody who does have a copy could post the ISBN
> > number of it,I might be able to get a second hard book search done.
> > Thanks for any help!
> > Ian
>
> I even went to the states to get a copy of this book, but no chance! Than I
> realized why. It's online as HTML and there is donwloadable version to print
> it by yourself. The HTML version is unfortunately not to read at home in
> your bed :)
>

> --
> | Reini Urban alias ······@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at |
> | AutoCAD Courses at the TU-Graz, Austria,    |
> | Architects Domenig-Eisenkoeck, Graz         |
> | http://ars.uni-linz.ac.at/biografie/urban.eng.html

Thanks to all who very kindly responded to my query-alas just after
reading all you mail my computer suffered a disk crash so I am
not able to mail you all.I now have downloaded the online version!
Thanks to all,
Ian

--
Ian Jordan

Runcorn, Cheshire, UK
From: Dirk Zoller
CLtL2:
Nice to have this important reference in a hypertext file. But...
What is the easiest way to browse through an HTML file?
Can a HTML file be printed? If not, where do I find the printable version?

Thank you.
Dirk
--
···@roxi.rz.fht-mannheim.de <Dirk Zoller>
From: Martin Cracauer
Subject: CltL2 availiable (Re: Steele-Common LISP wanted.....)
Some of you were seeking for copies of Cltl2. I don't know if you were
successful, but I just saw two copies in a bookstore in Hamburg,
Germany. I'm sure they handle international shipping.  This is Boysen
+ Maasch Buchhandlung, phone is +49 40 / 30 20 70 -2 (main) or -219
(orders) or -212 (fax). If they clain not to ship overseas please drop
me a note and I'll see what I can do.

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <········@wavehh.hanse.de>. No NeXTMail, please.