From: Clint Hyde
Subject: RE: ANSI CLtL Document (Re: HTML text of CLTL2?)
In article <···················@passy.ilog.fr> ·····@ilog.fr (Harley Davis) writes:

-->
--> In article <··········@tools.near.net> ······@nic.near.net (Barry Margolin) writes:
-->
-->    Textbooks, vendor documentation, and mass market books are the expected

those generally cost less than ANSI standard docs. I'll probably wait
for CLtL3.

far as I can tell, there's no really good "mass market book" for Lisp
the way there is for C, Visual Basic, etc. Paul Graham's book "On Lisp",
while quite good, is deep. it doesn't fill in the small holes in CLtL2.

vendor dox are fine, but they probably don't incorporate the standards,
just their variances on it. Allegro comes with a copy of CLtL2.

I'm all in favor of buying the standard, if it's more than just a
statement of the function definition. I was to see examples with the
definitions. granted, that expands the size considerably, but the std is
already huge. publish it in two vols if necessary...

 -- clint