From: Colin Matheson
Subject: CMUCL Vs Allegro (was Re: cmucl Bug)
I meant to mention this a while back when I came across it.  Allegro
(at least the Windows version) and CMUCL differ in the syntax of the
format command.  The code I was writing pads out numbers to be 3
characters - "001", "020", and so on.  Allegro wanted:

(format nil "~3'0D" NUMBER)

That makes CMUCL fall over here though - it wants:

(format nil "~3,'0D" NUMBER)

It looks to me, when I read the relevant section, like Steele is
interpretable in two ways.  Or is this a known bug in one or other
implementation?

Colin
--
Colin Matheson                    | Human Communication Research Centre
Phone: +44 131 650 4632           | University of Edinburgh