From: Bill Janssen
Subject: Re: Distributed Client/Server Apps in MCL, ACL/W and C++?
We ported ILU 1.5, along with the ILU C and C++ suport, to the Mac in
1993, but we haven't maintained the port.  It was relatively
straightforward, as I remember, the main problems being with debugging
MacTCP (and rebooting every time you made a mistake :-), and figuring
out how to display all the debugging printfs in the ILU kernel.  The
ILU kernel has been ported to Windows, so the remaining work would be
to port the ILU CL support to ACL/Windows (you'd think Franz would be
interested!).

I've just completed a non-threaded version of the ILU ACL/Unix
support, as an example of how to integrate ILU into a non-threaded CL.
That will be released this week or next.  The 1.8 ILU manual contains
an appendix on porting the ILU CL support to a different CL, as well,
to help with ports to things like MCL.

Full ILU info can be found at ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html,
and the HTML version of the ILU 1.8 manual is at

  ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/1.8/manual-html/manual_toc.html.

Bill
--
 Bill Janssen  <·······@parc.xerox.com> (415) 812-4763  FAX: (415) 812-4777
 Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, 3333 Coyote Hill Rd, Palo Alto, CA  94304