From: Christopher Biggs
Subject: Summary:  Free Lisps for SCO (Clisp, GCL, Xlisp)
Thanks to the many people who sent me info on Lisp implementations
portable to SCO unix.

One kind person sent me patches to compile Clisp under SCO, but only a
day after I completed the port, an official port was made part of the
Clisp distribution.

Clisp for sco can be obtained from:
ftp://ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/sco

However, the CLX distribution from the Clisp FTP site would not work
under XFree86 on SCO (I haven't tried the SCO X-server).  The same CLX
distribution and the Linux version of Clisp cooperated fine.

Has anybody gotten CLX working on SCO?
Also, does anybody have working socket extensions to Clisp?

As for GCL, I attempted to port it, starting from the microport
configuration profile and haphazardly modifying things each time I got
an error.  I managed to have a clean compile with no errors, but when
executable, a memory corruption occurs and the program spews garbage.
I don't have the time or familiarity with GCL to chase this bug
further.

Xlisp compiles straight out of the box, but is a little lightweight
for my tastes.

Chris.