From: J.Marie Kubek
Subject: Commercial applications using an embedded lisp ?
Answer to my problem doesn't seem to be in the FAQs so here it is:

I'm currently trying to define a curriculum for an introductory course
to computer science. This course will introduce some concepts on
algorithms and I plan to use lisp (or maybe ML) as  the support language.

For this purpose, and because I must justify the choice:-), I'm looking
for industrial or commercial application using a lisp dialect as
embedded language. As << embedded language >>, I mean  a language
allowing to extend / parametrize the application.

I already know some application using lisp :
  + Autocad (CAD program)
  + TPS/interleaf (Word processing)
  + Emacs (: OK that's not a commercial application :)
  + May be some VLSI CAD ...

but I'm specially interested in Industrial application used in
Physical, Chemical, Biological or Mechanical engineering.

Please reply by mail, I'm currently under pressure and may not be able
to read the News periodically. I'll try to post a summary of answers.

PS: News answers (if any) will be redirected to comp.lang.lisp

--
		    ------------------------------
			     J.-M. Kubek

From: G. David Kuhlman
J.Marie Kubek (·····@lerne) wrote:
[...]

: --
: 		    ------------------------------
: 			     J.-M. Kubek
: 			     GERII / DGE
: 				 INSA
: 			 31077 Toulouse Cedex
: 		       ·····@gerii.insa-tlse.fr
:

Elk was developed to support the ISOTEXT document processing system.

See the Scheme faq for info on where to find Elk (a Scheme extension
language).

Then, when you get the Elk distribution, see the file paper.ps in the
doc subdirectory.

--
Dave Kuhlman