From: Anthony Berglas
Subject: Papers on MACROS
I have been asked to give a short honours lecture on Macros and their
uses.  My feeling is that the vast majority of computer science
academics are unaware that there is more to them than cpp and inline
functions.  However, while I have lots of experience hacking Lisp,
programming languages are not my speciallity and so my knowledge is
empirical.

Does anybody know of some Good, Classic papers on Macros that covers
such issues as:-

- Alternatives
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Good/Bad style
- Hygiene
- Applications of Macros
- Interaction with compiler

etc.

Thanks,

Anthony

--
Anthony Berglas
Rm 312a, Computer Science, Uni of Qld, 4072, Australia.