From: Benno Stein
Subject: clx error
Hi,

I'm working on a Sun4 under OpenWin and got the following problem with CLX:

When trying to open a display via

> (xlib::open-display "")

the following error occurs:

>>Error: Connection failure to X11.0 server  display 0: Client is not authorized to connect to server

If access control is disabled with "xhost +", everything works fine and
I can open a display:

> (xlib::open-display "")
#<XLIB:DISPLAY :0 (X11/NeWS - Sun Microsystems Inc. R3000)>

I'm using Lucid Common Lisp, and I tested the 4.0 and 4.1 version
as well as the CLX.R5 and the CLX.R6 contribs. I would like to connect to
the xserver without disabling the access control -

thanks for any clue

   Benno
From: Keith M. Corbett
Subject: Re: clx error
>If access control is disabled with "xhost +", everything works fine and
>I can open a display:
>
>> (xlib::open-display "")
>#<XLIB:DISPLAY :0 (X11/NeWS - Sun Microsystems Inc. R3000)>

It's been a l-o-o-n-g time since I used X11/NeWS, but I recall having a similar
problem with some shell scripts that could be worked around by using  "unix:0"
or some such incantation for the display name.