From: Nick Walton
Subject: Re; Previous LISP Job posting
I recently posted the details of LISP job or two going in the UK.
Many thanks to all who replied. You should have had replies by now.
However there is one mistake the email address should be for sirasis
not sissira. Apologies for the slip.

I recieved intotal around fifteen replies. This surprised me. Is the LISP
market looking up, or have the advocates of such as C++ just being shouting
louder.

Regards
Nick Walton (······@ferndown.ate.slb.com)

From: Steve Perryman
Subject: Re: Re; Previous LISP Job posting
In article <··········@sndsu1.sedalia.sinet.slb.com>,
Nick Walton <······@ukfca1.sinet.slb.com> wrote:
>I recently posted the details of LISP job or two going in the UK.
>Many thanks to all who replied. You should have had replies by now.
>However there is one mistake the email address should be for sirasis
>not sissira. Apologies for the slip.
>
>I recieved intotal around fifteen replies. This surprised me. Is the LISP
>market looking up, or have the advocates of such as C++ just being shouting
>louder.

No.
There IMHO is a 'core' set of Lisp/CLOS users in the UK who are quite happy
with what they have. If all is well why change I guess. There seems to be a
niche domain area in which Lisp is found. BT for example have been/are
building an allocation/planning system for SDH networks that used Lisp expert
systems stuff (although I believe that project may have re-engineered a great
deal to C++ ) . An affiliated project did network simulation on the Harlequin
LispWorks environment (the GUI I believe was a FFI encapsulation of a BT
proprietary version of InterViews - and not CLX/CLUE) .

In terms of new development, obviously C++ has virulently spread and Lisp/CLOS
will be WAY down the list of considered programming languages. That's a shame,
because of the 4 OOPLs I've used in academia and industry I like CLOS a lot.
I certain wish I had a MOP and method combination for what we're having to do
with reams of C++ code (sigh) ... :-( :-)

Regards,
Steven Perryman
···@bnr.co.uk
From: palvi mahajan
           ······@ukfca1.sinet.slb.com "Nick Walton" writes:

> I recently posted the details of LISP job or two going in the UK.
> Many thanks to all who replied. You should have had replies by now.
>
> I recieved intotal around fifteen replies. This surprised me. Is the LISP
> market looking up, or have the advocates of such as C++ just being shouting
> louder.

I feel that the Lisp market is picking up. I am aalways interested in Lisp
people so if you are one such person or one of the fifteen let me know.

--
Palvi A. Mahajan
                   Advanced Information Resourcing Limited