From: Michael Harries
Subject: [Q] akcl on DEC: problem compiling
Hi all

I'm having some difficulties with compiling akcl on the DECstation 5000/33
running Ultrix 4.3.  Is this a known problem?  Does anyone have any
suggestions?  HEEEEEEELP!!!!

The symptoms are that akcl successfully builds raw_kcl but hangs at the point
shown below.

 > Initializing ../cmpnew/cmpvar.o
 > Initializing ../cmpnew/cmpvs.o
 > Initializing ../cmpnew/cmpwt.o
 > Warning: COMPILE-FILE is being redefined.
 > Warning: COMPILE-FILE is being redefined.
 > Warning: COMPILE is being redefined.
 > Warning: DISASSEMBLE is being redefined.
 > Finished loading ../cmpnew/cmpmain.lsp
 > Finished loading ../cmpnew/lfun_list.lsp
 > Finished loading ../cmpnew/cmpopt.lsp
 > Finished loading ../lsp/auto.lsp

-------HANGS HERE--------

This occurs with several other versions of Ultrix and also on both
server and workstation machines.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Michael Harries
AI Lab