From: Fredrick Backman
Subject: PROBLEM: How to call C functions
Can someone tell me if it is possible to execute programs written in C from
within CLISP [by Bruno Haible]? Is there a package or something that makes
this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Fred
---
Fredrick Backman, Umea University, S-901 87 Umea, Sweden. Fax: +46 90 133162
Phone: +46 90 165676 (work) +46 90 36060 (home). E-mail: ·····@ling.umu.se.
WWW: http://www.ling.umu.se/asv/phred/index.html. Long lives TronSoft Corp.!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"-Clarke
From: Anders Vinjar
Subject: Re: PROBLEM: How to call C functions
    FB:> Can someone tell me if it is possible to execute programs
    FB:> written in C from within CLISP [by Bruno Haible]? Is there a
    FB:> package or something that makes this possible?

As far as i know there is no foreign function interface yet.  Here is
a recent answer received from Bruno Haible regarding the same issue
related to clisp with SGI-platforms:

    Date: Wed, 1 Mar 95 17:25:39 +0100
    From: ······@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de (Bruno Haible)
    To: ·············@notam.uio.no
    Subject: Re: clisp and load-foreign

    >> I expect that the
    >> next clisp release will have a foreign function interface.

    > do you have any idea of when we might expect that?

    In a couple of weeks.

    Bruno Haible

--
  Adr:  Anders Vinjar   T: + 47-22607968