From: William Lundin
Subject: PC Lisp Language Editor/Compiler shopping
I am looking for suggestions as to what ((((Lisp))) Compiler/Editor
package to acquire for my 80486dx50 for development and for fun.
(append
  (I used Kyoto Common Lisp, Franz Lisp, XLisp, and Scheme previously on
   a VAX VMS / UNIX / X Windows environment at UC Berkeley.));

Currently I am forced to use C++ and Dataflex with Borland & Brief 3.1
as my "Does everything right, low memory usage" development kit for home
PC and Novell Network programming for MS-DOS apps.

So, what should I look to acquire now that I am getting back into the
  cons/car/cdr scheme of things?  I mean, with the way database
programming is turning, and with all the Hyperdeck and Visual Basic for
Windows (TM) freaks out there, I yearn for my Little Irritating Silly
Parenthesises (sic)  Without NULL there is nothing.
Also please include estimate costs and hard disk/WORM storage space and
info on any runtime etc which must be included with finished products
(like the RUN DLL for MS-Basic, etc)

Thanks yall.

Oh, this group has a FAQ maybe?  If so, please Email me rather than
posting.  I only read 100 articles, didn't see it, figured it was safe.

From: Seth LaForge
Subject: Re: PC Lisp Language Editor/Compiler shopping
In article <··········@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>,
William Lundin <········@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>I am looking for suggestions as to what ((((Lisp))) Compiler/Editor
>package to acquire for my 80486dx50 for development and for fun.
>(append
>  (I used Kyoto Common Lisp, Franz Lisp, XLisp, and Scheme previously on
>   a VAX VMS / UNIX / X Windows environment at UC Berkeley.));

You might try running Linux...  Then you can use all your favorite
free unix Lisp implementations, and enjoy the benfits of a superior
operating system...

Seth
From: lazar sandor ( bs cmsc)
······@puree.ugcs.caltech.edu (Seth LaForge) wrote:

> In article <··········@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>,
> William Lundin <········@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >I am looking for suggestions as to what ((((Lisp))) Compiler/Editor
> >package to acquire for my 80486dx50 for development and for fun.
> >(append
> >  (I used Kyoto Common Lisp, Franz Lisp, XLisp, and Scheme previously on
> >   a VAX VMS / UNIX / X Windows environment at UC Berkeley.));
>
> You might try running Linux...  Then you can use all your favorite
> free unix Lisp implementations, and enjoy the benfits of a superior
> operating system...
>
> Seth

Yes Linux is a good idea.  It is currently available at tsx-11.mit.edu,
 and common lisp (with source code) is under /pub/linux/packages/lisp.
Try it, it works!

Sashi
From: Rebecca (Cat Woman) Ryan
Subject: Looking for?
Hi.

	I'm looking for a PD Common Lisp with a development
	environment that would be used in teaching AI classes here
	at the University of Kansas.  We have the freebie clisp...
	but the professor wants a full Common Lisp WITH a development
	environment.

	Is such a beast available, and if so where?

	Many Thanks.  Email good news to me.  Address appears below.
*Rebecca S. Ryan	 University of Kansas; EECS		        *
·····@eecs.ukans.edu	 Lawrence, Kansas (913) 864-8807		*