From: John Gillespie
Subject: ilisp-5.7 and gcl problem
I have installed ilisp-5.7 and gcl-2.1 on a linux box, but the two
don't work well together.  When I fire up ilisp everything goes
smoothly, ending with the "Finished initializing gcl" message.  gcl is
in the *gcl* buffer and works as advertised.  However, when I issue an
ilisp command like C-Z p (package-lisp) I get the error message:

Inferior lisp package is Error:
Cannot find the external symbol ILISP-SAVE in #<"ILISP" package>.

Other functions give a similar error message.  I have put the
following in my .emacs file:

(setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/packages/ilisp-5.7/") load-path))
(require 'completer)
(autoload 'run-ilisp "ilisp" "Select a new inferior LISP." t)
(autoload 'gcl "ilisp" "Inferior GNU Common LISP." t)
(setq gcl-program "gcl")
(setq ecl-program "gcl")

Any ideas??  Thanks

john