From: Paul Graham
Subject: Lisp in Lisp
I've just finished writing a new introduction to Lisp, to be
published in late summer or early fall by Prentice Hall.  The
book is going to include an appendix containing Lisp definitions
of a lot of built-in operators.  I did this for two reasons:
it is a good source of examples, and it also shows that, con-
ceptually, Common Lisp is actually much smaller than one might
think.  So:

1. I've made all the code available on the Web and by anonymous
   ftp.  Anyone who is curious should feel free to take a copy.
   I would very much appreciate it if anyone noticed bugs, or
   thought of a clearer way to define any of these functions.

   You can get the code by anonymous ftp from:

     ftp.eecs.harvard.edu:/users/rtm/lisp.lisp

   or by telling netscape to go to the following location:

     ftp://ftp.eecs.harvard.edu/users/rtm/lisp.lisp

   If you can't get the code by either of these means, send me
   mail and I'll send you it by email.

2. If anyone would like to contribute Common Lisp definitions of
   operators that aren't defined in these files, I would be
   glad to have them.  (I will of course acknowledge the authors
   of any code I include in the book.)

Please send code or bug reports to ยทยท@das.harvard.edu.  Thanks,

Paul Graham