From: k p c
Subject: Gantt chart (schedule) widget or application needed
I am looking for an application-independent Motif-ish Gantt chart
(tasks on a timeline) displayer/editor or something that can VERY
quickly and VERY easily be made to display and edit a Gantt chart.

Are there any widgets or applications out there explicitly for Gantt
charts?  I looked in a few repositories and FAQs.

It needs to run on Sparc 20s and Xterminals running X11R5, Solaris
2.3, Motif.  Ideally it would be written in Common Lisp (Allegro 4.2)
or portable C, but if it has a good API, then it can be written in
anything.  It will probably need to be hooked up via a bidirectional
socket.

Ideally, but not necessarily, it would draw clickable and movable
tasks; be able to scroll and zoom simultaneously with multiple
Cartesian line graphs; handle minutes, hours, shifts, days, and weeks;
split tasks according to an algorithm (I'm dreaming); and be fast
enough to update once per minute.

Ideally, but not necessarily, it would not look too out of place with
XRTGraph and Xdesigner (both of which are C tools).  Ideally it would
be "seamlessly integrated" with both of them :-).

I am very flexible, however, and do not need all of the above features
if there is something that looks good.  Public domain, negotiated, or
commercial.  Preferably PD since that's easiest to arrange.

Xopps is all I found for Unix.  I am not averse to considering unusual
approaches or even bloating the image or process space with Garnet,
Amulet, CLIM, tk bindings, Gnuplot, or other packages, but I'd like a
little of the Gantt work done for us already.  (Currently I use Gina
and have some misgivings about its portability and long-term support.)

Thanks for reading this.

P.S.  Is there a better newgroup on which to ask this?

If you follow up, please also reply by email.
---
ยทยทยท@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov.  AI, multidisciplinary neuroethology, info filtering.
All bets are off without principled acceptance of truth even when it hurts you.