From: Mark Kantrowitz
Subject: Problems Accessing AI/Lisp FAQ URLs
I've received email messages from a few people about problems
accessing the URLs for the AI and Lisp FAQ postings.

The AI Repository just added a 4.2 gb disk, and many directories have
been moved to new partitions to allow room for expansion. If you tried
accessing the repository during the reorganization, you may have
received a warning about access being forbidden, or whatever.

Likewise, if you have hard-coded URLs listed in terms of the
underlying directory, instead of the alias, you may have encountered
problems. To fix the problem, delete the partition name from the
pathname. For example, instead of
   /afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository-2/ai/html/faqs/top.html
use
   /afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/ai-repository/ai/html/faqs/top.html

If the problem persists, or you encounter other problems with links in
the repository, please send me email. The program that was
reorganizing the repository completed this morning, so everything
should be fine now.

--mark
·····@cs.cmu.edu