From: Marc Mazuhelli
Subject: (no subject)
Hi to all the Lisp experts,

A few years ago, we bought Lucid Common Lisp for our Sun computers.  It has
now been taken over by Harlequin, which are selling and supporting it in
addition to their other Lisp product.

We now have to decide if we upgrade our Lucid license (to get Solaris 2
version and also a license for more machines), or Franz' Allegro Common
Lisp.

I would like comments from users of one or the other of these versions (or,
even better, from those with experiences with both), but purely on technical
and support issues, not on the pricing issue (I have quotes from both and
the pricing is similar for what we need).  Which one has the best development
environment and debugger?  Which company gives better support?  Will Lucid
survive? Things like that...

Another related question is: should we spend the money for a commercial
version of Lisp, or can we get along with a public domain version?

You can e-mail to ··············@dmi.usherb.ca or post to this newsgroup.

Thank you very much for your help.

Marc.
--
{  Marc Mazuhelli                 |  analyst in charge of computer labs     }
{  ··············@dmi.USherb.CA   |  Department of math and comp. science   }