From: Clint Hyde
Subject: RE: Spreadsheets and Lisp {was: Letter From Ted Nelson}
In article <····················@192.0.2.1> ···@world.std.com (Robert P. Krajewski) writes:

-->
--> When I was working at LMI, I think I saw this. There were some guys from
--> TI working on something called "Hypercalc" (?), and they may have been
--> spun off from the company (which, of course, was selling Explorers at the
--> time).
-->

Hypercalc had no relation (that *I* remember) to the "super-spreadsheet"
thing someone mentioned--and several years separated them. Hypercalc was
a reasonably ordinary lispm-based clone of 1-2-3, down to the point of
reading/writing WKS files. I did at one point have it running under TI
Rel 6--and it just wasn't interesting enough to do much with. it had
some cute windows (a bunch of low-level window hacking was in it), but
it lacked the visual punch of Win3-based spreadsheets, and Hypercalc
wasn't in business all that long, maybe 4 years, max. I think TI at some
point bought the rights to it...in 88 or 89.

 -- clint