From: Thomas Kwong
Subject: [Q] Any Common Lisp implementation for Solaris?
Hi.  I have used Scheme quite a bit and now I want to learn
Common Lisp.  I am looking for a Common Lisp implementation
(hopefully freeware/shareware) for my Solaris x86 platform.

I have tried GNU Common Lisp but it wouldn't compile.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks.

--
Thomas Kwong (········@wilshire.com)
ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/to/tomkwong/home.html

From: Anders Vinjar
Subject: Re: [Q] Any Common Lisp implementation for Solaris?
    [Q]> Hi.  I have used Scheme quite a bit and now I want to learn Common
    [Q]> Lisp.  I am looking for a Common Lisp implementation (hopefully
    [Q]> freeware/shareware) for my Solaris x86 platform.

    [Q]> I have tried GNU Common Lisp but it wouldn't compile.  Any suggestions?

You might try to get CmuCl working.  Heres from the README-file:

   CMU Common Lisp is only available via anonymous FTP.  We don't have the
   manpower to make tapes.  These are our distribution machines:
       lisp-sun1.slisp.cs.cmu.edu (128.2.250.58)
       lisp-rt1.slisp.cs.cmu.edu (128.2.217.9)
       lisp-rt2.slisp.cs.cmu.edu (128.2.217.10)

   The most recent version is: 17f
   The old version is: 16f

   The currently supported platforms are:

       sun4c_411:
	   Sun SPARC machines running the the pre-Solaris BSD SunOS system,
	   version 4.x.

       sun4c_53:
	   Sun SPARC machines running Solaris/SunOS 5.x.

--
   Anders Vinjar                       |        NoTAM -
   Addr: Ole Jacob Brochs gt. 1        |        http://www.notam.uio.no
From: Thomas Kwong
In article <··········@hermod.uio.no>,
Anders Vinjar <········@ulrik.uio.no> wrote:
|>    [Q]> Hi.  I have used Scheme quite a bit and now I want to learn Common
|>    [Q]> Lisp.  I am looking for a Common Lisp implementation (hopefully
|>    [Q]> freeware/shareware) for my Solaris x86 platform.
|>
|>    [Q]> I have tried GNU Common Lisp but it wouldn't compile.
|>         Any suggestions?
|>
|>You might try to get CmuCl working.  Heres from the README-file:

I just tried that.  It doesn't seem to support Solairs x86 (Intel
Processor) platform.  Any more ideas?  Thanks.

Tom
From: Jo H Totland

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   From: ········@netcom.com (Thomas Kwong)
   Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 20:39:14 GMT
   Sender: ········@netcom11.netcom.com

   In article <··········@hermod.uio.no>,
   Anders Vinjar <········@ulrik.uio.no> wrote:
   |>    [Q]> Hi.  I have used Scheme quite a bit and now I want to learn Common
   |>    [Q]> Lisp.  I am looking for a Common Lisp implementation (hopefully
   |>    [Q]> freeware/shareware) for my Solaris x86 platform.
   |>
   |>    [Q]> I have tried GNU Common Lisp but it wouldn't compile.
   |>         Any suggestions?
   |>
   |>You might try to get CmuCl working.  Heres from the README-file:

   I just tried that.  It doesn't seem to support Solairs x86 (Intel
   Processor) platform.  Any more ideas?  Thanks.

How about clisp? (It's only CLtL1, but it should get you started)
Available from ftp: ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de /pub/lisp/clisp

   Tom
   --
   Thomas Kwong (········@wilshire.com)
   ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/to/tomkwong/home.html
   Wilshire Associates, Inc.

--
Jo Totland
····@stud.unit.no
From: Ian Fitchet
 On Fri, 9 Jun 1995 20:39:14 GMT, ········@netcom.com (Thomas Kwong) said:

>I just tried that.  It doesn't seem to support Solairs x86 (Intel
>Processor) platform.  Any more ideas?  Thanks.

 We have both CLISP and xlisp running under 2.[34].  I can't offhand
remember exactly how `COMMON' compliant they are, though.

 Ian Fitchet						···········@ftel.co.uk
 Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe ltd., Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YU, UK