From: Clint Hyde
Subject: RE: Lisp considered unfinished
success stories:

Hubble Telescope planner: written on TI Explorers in late 80s. (no it
wasn't used to design the mirror)

SwissAir: their flight scheduling (?) program, also written on TI
Explorers (I bump into these folks when I try to buy used hardware
sometimes, as they can outbid me).

Chicago Board of Trade: futures trading program, on TI microExplorers.

I don't know where any of them are now.

 -- clint
From: Bruce O'Neel
In article <··········@info-server.bbn.com>, Clint Hyde <·····@bbn.com> wrote:

> success stories:
>
> Hubble Telescope planner: written on TI Explorers in late 80s. (no it
> wasn't used to design the mirror)

To the best of my knowledge:

The program's called spike and it runs on more than one commercial lisp
system.  It was used for scheduling on the Japanese X-RAY ASCA mission (an
X-RAY telescope) and will also be used for the US XTE mission (another
X-RAY telescope).

bruce