From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: Status of LINUX CMU CL Port (was Re: GINA with CMU Lisp)
In article <··········@rheged.dircon.co.uk> ·····@rheged.dircon.co.uk (Simon Brooke) writes:

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp,comp.os.linux.misc
   From: ·····@rheged.dircon.co.uk (Simon Brooke)
   Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 19:58:10 GMT

   In article <··········@midway.uchicago.edu>,
   Dale Arntson <····@hush.lib.uchicago.edu> wrote:
   >I wasn't aware CMU Lisp had been ported to Linux. If it has please
   >let me know.

   The port is in progress. An alpha version of the compiler will be
   released to the development group this week; the garbage collector
   does not yet work. The present code runs on FreeBSD 2.0.5, not Linux;
   we expect a Linux alpha reasonably soon, but a beta is probably still
   six months away at least.

   Anyone wishing to join the porting effort, or wanting to be mailed
   when the thing is ready to roll, please mail me.

This is one of the best pieces of news I heard in a long while in this
(and related) newsgroup. Many thanks to all the people who worked on
the port.

Cheers

--
Marco G. Antoniotti - Resistente Umano
Robotics Lab		| room: 1220 - tel. #: (212) 998 3370
			| WWW:    http://found.cs.nyu.edu/marcoxa

...e` la semplicita` che e` difficile a farsi.
...it is simplicity that is difficult to make.
				Bertholdt Brecht