From: Clint Hyde
Subject: a question about foreign-loading in Lucid
#+Lucid-4.0.1		copyright 1990, the banner says, so it's old.
#+SunOS-4.1.x

I'm trying to load a piece of code written actually in C++, where I have
a single-point interface written in C that I will call with a string and
get back a string.

problem is: I can't successfully load libg++.a standalone or while

I get this error:

>>Error: In /d4mutl/exp.gcc/lib/libg++.a: stdstrbufs.o:

>>Foreign symbol NIL with value 0 is of type TEXT, but there is no such segment.

any ideas as to what this is really telling me?

this same code loads and runs just fine in Allegro 4.2, but as that's a
considerably newer Lisp, I'm not surprised.

 -- clint

I have no idea if we have currently active software support for Lucid,
or whether we have a newer Lucid version I could test in...I'm going to
find out, and try to call if that's possible.