From: Brad Miller
Subject: Important information regarding the ALU home page:
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/miller/alu.html

Access has been down the last few days, and will remain down until we
restore http service. I don't know when that will be. It could be a
month. It's likely access will be erratic for a while after that as
well. (Right now, we're happy to have mail and news flowing again, and
we still can't use ftp!)

Without going into a lot of details, our site was broken into, twice (at
least), (see last monday's NYT front page article), and net services to
our department (cs.rochester.edu) have been completely down the last few
days. Ftp and http access will not be restored for a little while yet as
we put in place additional security measures.

I apologize for any inconvenience... if you have any information about
the perpetrators of the current crack attacks, please contact the FBI,
or CERT.

--
Brad Miller                    ······@cs.rochester.edu
Computer Science Dept.         http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/miller/