From: Giorgio Brajnik
Subject: Re: Memory error in Lucid CL 4.1.1 on Solaris
In article <·················@CAMIS.camis.stanford.edu> ···@CAMIS.camis.stanford.edu (Tom Wu) writes:

  > I am trying to install Lucid Common Lisp 4.1.1 on a SUN SPARCStation
  > running Solaris 2.3.  When I try to compile a program of even
  > reasonably small size, I get the following error:
  >
  > ----------
  > Not enough foreign stack to handle interrupt: ~
  >                                  Handling overflow first.
  > Expanding multitasking main foreign stack due to overflow.
  > Not enough foreign stack to handle interrupt: ~
  >                                  Handling overflow first.
  > Expanding multitasking main foreign stack due to overflow.
  >   (and so on, until the program dies and exits)
  > ----------
  >
  > I don't understand what this means.  The program compiles fine when I
  > use Lucid Common Lisp 4.1.1 on a non-Solaris SPARCstation.  Does
  > anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks,
  >
  > Thomas Wu
  > Section on Medical Informatics
  > Stanford University
  > ···@camis.stanford.edu

If I remember well, when I first installed LCL4.1.1 on a solaris 2.2
platform, I had a similar problem. After contacting (last May)
technical service of Lucid Inc. they said it was an OS bug and they
gave me a lisp patch which solved the problem. Now I'm using the same
lisp on solaris 2.3 without problems.

                                            Giorgio Brajnik
Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica    voice: +39 (432) 272.210
Universita' di Udine                        fax:   +39 (432) 510.755
Via Zanon, 6 -- 33100 Udine -- ITALY        email: ·······@dimi.uniud.it