From: Adam Alpern
Subject: [Q] Any neural net code in LISP?
Does anybody out there know of, or have pointers to, work on neural
nets being done in LISP? I'm looking at various options for using a
simple back-error propagation net as a fitness function for genetic
programming using John Koza's code, thus a neural net in LISP would be
a perfect choice. Unfortunately, I've been able to find precious
little.

Replies via presonal mail or news will be appreciated, and I'll
summarize if there's interest.

Thanks,
	Adam

--
·······@hampshire.edu			WWW: http://hampshire.edu/~adaF92/
Adam Alpern, Hampshire College
From: William D. Gooch
Subject: Re: [Q] Any neural net code in LISP?
On 20 Feb 1995, Adam Alpern wrote:

> Does anybody out there know of, or have pointers to, work on neural
> nets being done in LISP? I'm looking at various options for using a
> simple back-error propagation net as a fitness function for genetic
> programming using John Koza's code, thus a neural net in LISP would be
> a perfect choice. Unfortunately, I've been able to find precious
> little.

There was some NN work done in Lisp at MCC a few years ago.  I don't
know what has happened to the code, but I suspect it's still around
somewhere, gathering virtual dust.  We were using Symbolics, and we
also ported to PCs using their CLOE system, for demos at the 1990
SIGCHI conference in Seattle.