From: Tom Valesky (CS 555)
Subject: Re: C tutorial for Lispers (q)
Are S�rli (······@ilf.uio.no) wrote:
: Is there a C beginner's tutorial on the market targeted specifically for
: experienced Lispers?

I've never seen one. My favorite beginner's tutorial on C is "The C Primer
Plus" by Mitchell Waite and Steven Prata. It's simply _the_ _best_
intro to C that I've ever read. It's pretty easy to read, and does
a very good job of explaining some of the weirder aspects of C. Once
you've read it, you'll have a pretty darn good grasp of the language.

(Note: despite the title, it does _not_ cover C++. This is probably
a _good_ thing -- throwing C++ at someone who's just learning C would
be pretty confusing. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any
really good "C++ for Beginners" - type books.)

Tom Valesky   -- ········@osf1.gmu.edu -- ········@site.gmu.edu
Programmer/Analyst C/C++/SQL/Visual Basic
(I don't work for GMU; I'm a part-time grad student)