From: Deborah Brian Cochrane
Subject: Lisp for MSDOS
I'm new to the world of Lisp, but I want to learn more... my only problem
is finding a Lisp interpreter for MSDOS.  I've been searching through the
Web for the past couple days, but still haven't found anything helpful.
I was wondering if anyone out there knows where I might find a
freeware/shareware Lisp interpreter for DOS (am I repeating myself?)...
Thanks in advance...

Brian Cochrane
······@efn.org
http://www.efn.org/~brideb

P.O. Box 10502
Eugene, OR 97440
USA
--
---------------------------------------------------             ______
Deborah Bryan & Brian Cochrane  |    P.O. Box 10502             \    /

From: Jennifer Maples
Subject: Re: Lisp for MSDOS
Brian,

I was also searching for a freeware version of LISP, but to use in one of my
classes.  I searched through the Lycos Search engine and here is what I found.

If you anonymous ftp to the following IP address (path won't work, need to use
address):

129.13.115.2

go to the following directory and there will be everything you need for the DOS
version in English:

/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/dos

Hope this helps you out.  I am downloading it now my self.

Jenn

> I'm new to the world of Lisp, but I want to learn more... my only problem
> is finding a Lisp interpreter for MSDOS.  I've been searching through the
> Web for the past couple days, but still haven't found anything helpful.
> I was wondering if anyone out there knows where I might find a
> freeware/shareware Lisp interpreter for DOS (am I repeating myself?)...
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Brian Cochrane
> ······@efn.org
> http://www.efn.org/~brideb

·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@*
Jennifer L. Maples

HOME:  ········@Traveller.COM
WORK:  ········@ingr.com

"Today is the tomorrow you
 worried about yesterday."
      -Unknown (to me)
·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@·@*
From: Roberto Olmi
>From: ······@efn.org (Deborah Brian Cochrane)
>Subject: Lisp for MSDOS
>Date: 27 Dec 1995 20:54:44 -0800

>I'm new to the world of Lisp, but I want to learn more... my only problem
>is finding a Lisp interpreter for MSDOS.  I've been searching through the
>Web for the past couple days, but still haven't found anything helpful.
>I was wondering if anyone out there knows where I might find a
>freeware/shareware Lisp interpreter for DOS (am I repeating myself?)...
>Thanks in advance...

>Brian Cochrane
>······@efn.org
>http://www.efn.org/~brideb

>P.O. Box 10502
>Eugene, OR 97440
>USA
>--
>---------------------------------------------------             ______
>Deborah Bryan & Brian Cochrane  |    P.O. Box 10502             \    /
>······@efn.org                  |  Eugene, OR 97440              \  /
>http://www.efn.org/~brideb      |               USA               \/

You can download the common lisp interpreter CLISP (works fine also under Win
3.1) at:

ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe : /pub/lisp/clisp/dos  (I'm not sure of the
path)

hope this helps,

Roberto
From: Graham Skelly
Subject: Re: Lisp for MSDOS also Windows
In Article <···············@garcia.efn.org>,
Deborah Brian Cochrane wrote:
>I'm new to the world of Lisp, but I want to learn more... my only problem
>is finding a Lisp interpreter for MSDOS.

For your information, there is a free version of CLOS Lisp from Franz.
You can find it at

        http://www.franz.com/

Hope this helps

Regards to all.
Graham
From: Jonas Kvist
Deborah Brian Cochrane wrote:

> I'm new to the world of Lisp, but I want to learn more... my only problem
> is finding a Lisp interpreter for MSDOS.  I've been searching through the
> Web for the past couple days, but still haven't found anything helpful.
> I was wondering if anyone out there knows where I might find a
> freeware/shareware Lisp interpreter for DOS (am I repeating myself?)...

Try CLISP implemented by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe University. It
support most parts CltL2 (second edition of the common lisp "standard").
I'm runing it myself on a 386 PC with only 4 MB memory. There is no
problem with that. You can get it by anonymous ftp from

ftp://ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/dos/clisp.zip

/Jonas
From: Ingemar Hulthage
You may also want to consider Allegro from Franz Inc., although it
runs under windows rather than DOS.

Allegro 3.0 from Franz Inc. is available, free for non-commercial use,
from: ftp.uu.net/vendor/franz/aclwin/web/.  It's an ANSI Common Lisp
with CLOS, that runs under MS-windows.  More information is available
via Web page: http://www.franz.com/ or E-mail: ····@franz.com.

Good Luck,

Ingemar Hulthage

16920 Dulce Ynez Ln.