From: D. Erway
Subject: Re: CLOS OODB?
In article <·········@sun330.snu.ac.kr>,
Eun-Sun Cho <········@candy.snu.ac.kr> wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I'm looking for an OODB for CLOS now.
>There seem to be lots of C++ OODBs, but few OODB-CLOS-bindings as I know.
>Even in ODMG is no Persistent CLOS specification.
>
>And what I want to know is
>     1. if there is any good OODB for CLOS, and

Franz makes a great CLOS ODBMS, called AllegroStore.  It is built on top of
ODI's ObjectStore.  For our semi-real-time industrial process data collection
benchmark, it runs faster than the fastest RDBMS using C!

>     2. how I can make CLOS object persistent using the OODB.

Here is one way:

(defclass book ()
  ((title :allocation :persistent
	  :initarg :title
	  :accessor title))
  (:metaclass persistent-standard-class))

Don

	Don Erway			······@ndc.com
	NDC Systems			818-358-1871
	730 E. Cypress Ave		Fax:303-5770
	Monrovia, CA, 91016

Disclaimer: These are my own personal opinions, and not those of my company,
or anyone else.
From: PATA NEGRA Soft
······@ndc.com (D. Erway) wrote:

>In article <·········@sun330.snu.ac.kr>,
>Eun-Sun Cho <········@candy.snu.ac.kr> wrote:
>>
>>Hello.
>>
>>I'm looking for an OODB for CLOS now.
>>There seem to be lots of C++ OODBs, but few OODB-CLOS-bindings as I know.
>>Even in ODMG is no Persistent CLOS specification.
>>
>>And what I want to know is
>>     1. if there is any good OODB for CLOS, and

>Franz makes a great CLOS ODBMS, called AllegroStore.  It is built on top of
>ODI's ObjectStore.  For our semi-real-time industrial process data collection
>benchmark, it runs faster than the fastest RDBMS using C!

>>     2. how I can make CLOS object persistent using the OODB.

>Here is one way:

>(defclass book ()
>  ((title :allocation :persistent
>	  :initarg :title
>	  :accessor title))
>  (:metaclass persistent-standard-class))

>Don

>	Don Erway			······@ndc.com
>	NDC Systems			818-358-1871
>	730 E. Cypress Ave		Fax:303-5770
>	Monrovia, CA, 91016

>Disclaimer: These are my own personal opinions, and not those of my company,
>or anyone else.

Sorry, I�m newbie in OODB arena, but what is exactly "CLOS"?.

Thanks

Antonio Gil
PATA NEGRA Soft
Sevilla (SPAIN)