From: Jim Frame
Subject: Re: Autolisp
In article <············@mhade.production.compuserve.com>,
   M'Isr <···········@CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>I am thinking about purching AutoCad because by
>Alife work is not getting heavily into graphics.
>I used Common_Lisp and some CLOS and was woundering
>where Autolisp was a subset of Common_Lisp and how
>I could extend Autolisp to act like Common_Lisp.

For an interesting difference in perspective, consider my situation:  I
learned to use AutoLISP in order to support my work using AutoCAD, and
soon found myself launching AutoCAD just so I could have access to
AutoLISP -- even for projects  unrelated to AutoCAD.  I've had little
success (so far) with other lisp variants, and wish I could find one
that would let me work the way I do with AutoLISP...

Jim Frame   ·······@dcn.davis.ca.us    (916) 756-8584  756-8201 (FAX)
Frame Surveying & Mapping     2038 East 8th Street    Davis, CA 95616
-----------------------< Davis Community Network >-------------------

From: [Invalid-From-Line]
Hi,

You can try Xlisp. As far as I know, Autolisp is based on it.
Best of luck,

Andre Luiz Tietbohl Ramos
PhD Candidate
Dept. of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Virginia Tech
From: Ingemar Hulthage
I would recommend trying Franz Lisp.

Allegro 3.0 from Franz Inc. is available, free for non-commercial use,
from: ftp.uu.net/vendor/franz/aclwin/web/.  It's an ANSI Common Lisp
with CLOS, that runs under MS-windows.  More information is available
via Web page: http://www.franz.com/ or E-mail: ····@franz.com.

Good Luck,

Ingemar Hulthage

16920 Dulce Ynez Ln.
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
(310) 459-3089 (voice & fax)
Email: ········@usc.edu or
       ········@cinenet.net
From: Vassili Bykov
········@hollywood.cinenet.net (Ingemar Hulthage) wrote:

>I would recommend trying Franz Lisp.
>
>Allegro 3.0 from Franz Inc. is available, free for non-commercial use,
>from: ftp.uu.net/vendor/franz/aclwin/web/.  It's an ANSI Common Lisp
>with CLOS, that runs under MS-windows.  More information is available
>via Web page: http://www.franz.com/ or E-mail: ····@franz.com.

Franz Lisp and Allegro Common Lisp from Franz, Inc. is not the same.  (See
Lisp FAQ, part 4).

Also, Allegro 3.0 is not free for *any* use.  The one free for non-commercial
use and available for download, is officially called Allegro CL 3.0 Web
Version and is a subset of the full Allegro CL 3.0.

--
Vassili