From: leisch
Subject: languages used in education
For an ongoing project we would like to find out which languages are
currently used in the teaching of computer science.

If you are located in an academic environment, please help by filling
out the following form.
I will distribute the results freely to all those interested. In case a
lot of people are interested, I will make the results available on our
www server (www.fim.uni-linz.ac.at).

Please fill out and e-mail to ······@fim.uni-linz.ac.at
* Country:

* University:

* Precise name of graduate program:

* Language used in the beginners programming course:

* Languages all graduates have to learn:

* Operating system(s) used on training machines available to students:

I would like to get the overall statistics (yes/no):
e-mail to:

Thank you for your time.
Bernhard Leisch
Forschungsinstitut fuer Mikroprozessortechnik
University of Linz
Austria

From: Robert Dewar
Subject: Re: languages used in education
From: Mike Stark
·····@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) wrote:
>The survey from Leisch seems a little silly. You are never going to get
>any reliable data with an uncontrolled Internet survey like this, and in
>fact the data you want is already available in much more reliable form.
>Contact ········@seas.gwu.edu for further information.

Try ········@seas.gwu.edu

Mike