From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: copying a hash-table
How can I copy a hash-table in CommonLisp ?
(I know, I can make a brand-new hash-table and copy one element after the other,
but this is utterly inefficient since it requires rehashing what's already
hashed !)

        Stefan
From: Ken Anderson
Subject: Re: copying a hash-table
In article <··········@info.epfl.ch> "Stefan Monnier" <··············@lia.di.epfl.ch> writes:

> How can I copy a hash-table in CommonLisp ?
> (I know, I can make a brand-new hash-table and copy one element after the other,
> but this is utterly inefficient since it requires rehashing what's already
> hashed !)

I think maphash and constructing a new table is the only portable way.  You
do know the size of the table so that helps a little.  If this is a bottle
neck, maybe you can find a way to avoid copying it.