From: Werner Retschitzegger
Subject: CFC ECOOP '96 (Linz, Austria)
                 C A L L   F O R   C O N T R I B U T I O N S

                              _________________

                               E C O O P  '9 6
                              _________________

                         10th European Conference on

                         Object-Oriented Programming

                                 Linz, Austria

                               July 8 - 12, 1996

ECOOP '96 is the Tenth European Conference on Object-Oriented
Programming.
The conference aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners
from academia and industry to discuss and exchange new developments in
object-oriented languages, systems and methods. ECOOP '96 is organized in
cooperation with AITO, ACM-SIGPLAN, OCG, OEGI, GI and SI.

Information about the conference is also available on WWW:

                 http://www.ifs.uni-linz.ac.at/ecoop96

                        C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S

                        =============================

Authors are invited to submit either original research contributions, or
experience reports that provide new insight into the use of
object-oriented
and related techniques. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to
Languages and their implementations

- Combination of OOP with other language paradigms
- OO databases and object persistence
- Concurrency and distribution
- Multiagent systems
- Theoretical foundations
- Formal methods
- OO analysis, design, and metrics
- Class management and class evolution
- Reuse, components and frameworks
- Applications and experiences
- Teaching OO concepts and methods

Submissions should be written in English, double-spaced and no longer
than
10.000 words (roughly twenty pages). A separate cover sheet must be
included which provides the following information: title, name of
author(s), postal and electronic mail addresses, telephone and fax
numbers,
a ten-line abstract and a list of keywords. The Proceedings will be
published by Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science
series.
|  Deadline for submissions of papers:  Dec. 1,  1995    |
|  Notification of acceptance:          Feb. 15, 1996    |
|  Camera-ready copies:                 April 1, 1996    |
|________________________________________________________|

Authors are invited to send 5 copies of their paper to:

       Pierre Cointe
       ECOOP '96  Programme Chair
       Departement d'Informatique
       Ecole des Mines de Nantes,
       4, Rue Alfred Kastler, La Chantrerie
       F-44070 Nantes Cedex 03, France
       Tel:  +33-51-85-8200
       Fax:  +33-51-85-8249
       E-mail: ·······@emn.fr

                            T U T O R I A L S
                            =================

ECOOP has a traditionally strong tutorial programme. For the 10th ECOOP
conference we are again soliciting proposals for high-quality tutorials
in
all areas of object-orientation from academic research to industrial
applications. Tutorial levels may be introductory, intermediate and
advanced.
Novel topics and topics of broad interest are preferred. Proposers should
request the guidelines for tutorial submissions from the Tutorial Chair
or
get them via WWW (http://oberon.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/Tutorials.html)
Electronic mail submissions are preferred.
|  Deadline for proposal submissions:   Jan. 26, 1996    |
|  Notification of acceptance:          March 1, 1996    |
|  Camera-ready notes:                  May 10,  1996    |
|________________________________________________________|

Proposals should be submitted to:

        Hanspeter Moessenboeck
        ECOOP '96  Tutorial Chair
        Department of System Software
        University of Linz
        Altenbergerstr. 69
        A-4040 Linz, Austria
        Tel:  +43-732-2468-7130
        Fax:  +43-732-2468-7138
        E-mail: ············@ssw.uni-linz.ac.at

                            W O R K S H O P S
                            =================

ECOOP '96 will host a number of workshops, tentatively scheduled for one
full day, to take place on Monday or Tuesday, July 8/9, 1996. Workshops
should have a clear focus either on a narrow-scope core issue of object-
oriented programming or on object-oriented aspects of a domain of
computer
science or its application. Proposals for ECOOP '96 workshops are
preferred
in electronic form and must follow the guidelines to be obtained from the
Workshop Chair or via WWW
(http://www.tk.uni-linz.ac.at/events/ecoop96/Workshops.html).
|  Deadline for proposal submissions:   Dec. 1,  1995    |
|  Notification of acceptance:          Dec. 23, 1995    |
|  Workshop Call for Papers:            Jan. 26, 1996    |
|________________________________________________________|

Proposals should be submitted to:

        Max Muehlhaeuser
        ECOOP '96  Workshop Chair
        University of Linz - Telecooperation
        Altenbergerstr. 69
        A-4040 Linz, Austria
        Tel:  +43-732-2468-9239
        Fax:  +43-732-2468-10
        E-mail: ···@tk.uni-linz.ac.at

                               P A N E L S

                               ===========

Panel sessions addressing important and timely topics in object
orientation
will be included in the main conference. They should present interesting
and divergent views with solid practical and/or theoretical backing. A
good
panel session can be the highlight of the official conference programme
for
many attendees. Proposers should request the guidelines for panel
proposals
from the Panel Chair or get them via WWW
(http://www.ifs.uni-linz.ac.at/ecoop96/Panels.html).

|  Deadline for proposal submissions:   Jan. 26, 1996    |
|  Notification of acceptance:          March 1, 1996    |
|  Camera-ready position papers:        April 1, 1996    |
|________________________________________________________|

Proposals should be submitted to:

        Markku Sakkinen
        ECOOP '96  Panel Chair
        (from Sept.1, 1995 to July, 1996 on leave from
        University of Jyvaeskylae, SF)
        Department of Information Systems
        University of Linz
        Altenbergerstr. 69
        A-4040 Linz, Austria
        Tel:  +43-732-2468-880
        Fax:  +43-732-2469-9308
        E-mail: ······@ifs.uni-linz.ac.at

                             E X H I B I T S
                             ===============

In this, the 10th year of ECOOP, the exhibition not only features the
latest
object-oriented technology and trends: By bringing together companies
from
the former East European countries and those from the Western hemisphere
the
exhibition is designated as forum to get in touch with each other. Don't
miss this opportunity to present your products to the object-oriented
universe. For detailed information contact:

        Wolfgang Pree
        ECOOP '96  Exhibit Chair
        University of Linz - Software Engineering
        Altenbergerstr. 69
        A-4040 Linz, Austria
        Tel:  +43-732-2468-9444
        Fax:  +43-732-2468-9430
        E-mail: ····@swe.uni-linz.ac.at

            D E M O N S T R A T I O N S   A N D   P O S T E R S

Live demonstrations of the very latest in object-oriented technology are
an
exciting part of every ECOOP conference, offering an excellent venue for
discussing technical aspects of object-oriented applications, tools, and
systems. These demonstrations are given by technical members of their
implementation team. Presentations must be in the form of running
computer
programs.

Poster sessions are an alternative forum for viewing results of object-
oriented work, with the opportunity for one-on-one interaction with
presenters. Poster themes cover the breadth of object-oriented technology
-
from theory to experiences in applications.

Proposals are solicited for both commercial and in-house systems, as well
as
academic and corporate research. Demonstrations and posters will be
selected
on the basis of technical merit, novelty and relevance to object-oriented
technology. Product marketing or sales presentations are inappropriate
for
this forum and will be strictly forbidden.

Anyone considering submitting a proposal for a demonstration and/or poster
presentation should contact the Demonstration Chair for guidelines.
Electronic mail submissions will be greatly appreciated.

        Wolfgang Pree
        ECOOP '96  Demonstration Chair
        University of Linz - Software Engineering
        Altenbergerstr. 69
        A-4040 Linz, Austria
        Tel:  +43-732-2468-9444
        Fax:  +43-732-2468-9430
        E-mail: ····@swe.uni-linz.ac.at

                    C O N F E R E N C E   L O C A T I O N
                    =====================================

Linz is located at the Danube, in the heart of Austria right between
Vienna
and Salzburg. Linz is surrounded by the gentle hills of the Bohemian
landscape to the north, and by the starting Alps to the west. The famous
Salzkammergut with its lakes and hills is starting to the west of Linz.
Linz has around 200.000 residents, and it is famous not only but also for
its Linzer Torte, Mozart's Linzer Symphony, for the composer Anton
Bruckner
and for the astronomer Johannes Kepler.

Linz has an own airport with direct flights to most cities in Germany and
Switzerland, and connections to all destinations worldwide with stopover
in Vienna. Connections to Vienna are 2 hrs by train/car and to Salzburg
1 hour by train/car. Trains to Vienna/Salzburg run at least on an hourly
schedule during the whole day until late in the evening. The conference
will take place at the campus of the Johannes Kepler University of Linz.

                   F U R T H E R    I N F O R M A T I O N

                   ======================================

Direct all specific correspondence to the appropriate chairs. General
information on ECOOP '96 and questions about the conference and its
organization may be obtained via WWW
(http://www.ifs.uni-linz.ac.at/ecoop96) or should be sent to:

        Gerti Kappel
        ECOOP '96  Organizing Chair
        Department of Information Systems
        University of Linz
        Altenbergerstr. 69
        A-4040 Linz, Austria
        Tel:  +43-732-2468-880
        Fax:  +43-732-2468-9308
        E-mail: ·······@ifs.uni-linz.ac.at

                   E X E C U T I V E   C O M M I T T E E
                   =====================================

Conference Co-Chairs:  Oscar Nierstrasz (University of Berne, CH)
                       Peter Wegner     (Brown University, USA)

Programme Chair:       Pierre Cointe    (Ecole des Mines de Nantes, F)

Organizing Chair:      Gerti Kappel     (University of Linz, A)

                     P R O G R A M   C O M M I T T E E

                     =================================

Mehmet Aksit            (University of Twente, NL)
Giuseppe Attardi        (University of Pisa, I)
Francois Bancilhon      (O2 Technology, F)
Yves Caseau             (Bouygues, F)
Pierre Cointe           (Ecole des Mines de Nantes, F; Chair)
Theo D'Hondt            (Brussels Free University, B)
Erich Gamma             (Taligent, USA)
Rachid Guerraoui        (Ecole Poly. Federale de Lausanne, CH)
Ivar Jacobson           (Objectory AB, S)
Mehdi Jazayeri          (Technical University of Vienna, A)
Gregor Kiczales         (Xerox Parc, USA)
Karl Lieberherr         (Northeastern University, USA)
Ole Lehrmann Madsen     (Aarhus University, DK)
Tom Maibaum             (Imperial College, UK)
Boris Magnusson         (Lund University, S)
Jacques Malenfant       (University of Montreal, CDN)
Bertrand Meyer          (ISE, USA+F)
Jose Meseguer           (SRI, USA)
Max Muehlhaeuser        (University of Linz, A)
Walter Olthoff          (DFKI GmbH, D)
Mary E.S. Loomis        (HP-Labs, USA)
Jens Palsberg           (MIT, USA)
Markku Sakkinen         (University of Jyvaeskylae, SF)
Dave Thomas             (OTI Inc, CDN)
Mario Tokoro            (Keio U/ Sony CSL, J)
Akinori Yonezawa        (Tokyo University, J)
Roberto Zicari          (J.W.Goethe-University, D)

                  O R G A N I Z I N G   C O M M I T T E E
                  =======================================

(all University of Linz, Austria)

Heribert Blach