From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: Lisp beautifier?
In article <··········@aplcenmp.apl.jhu.edu> ····@aplcenmp.apl.jhu.edu (Marty Hall) writes:

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   From: ····@aplcenmp.apl.jhu.edu (Marty Hall)
   Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 17:43:30 GMT

   In article <··········@nuscc.nus.sg> ········@iscs.nus.sg writes:

   >  Are there any lisp beautifiers around? If possible, please provide the
   >  site. Thanks in advance.

   I can't remember the answer to your immediate question. However, I
   would propose an alternative. Read your code into emacs (GNU Emacs 19
   or XEmacs) and use the automatic indentation facilities there to
   reindent. Takes a bit longer, but then your code is permanently
   readable. font-lock-mode will make the code very nice to read
   (comments in one font/color, function names in another, strings in
   another, etc), and ps-print will let you associate font-lock faces
   with PostScript fonts when printing. So you could have function names
   in bold, comments in italic, etc, both on-screen and in the printouts.

This is a side track and probably belonging to *.emacs.*, but I have
been using 'hilit19' in place of 'font-lock'. I always wondered how
the two compare.

Any comments?

Thanks

--
Marco G. Antoniotti - Resistente Umano
Robotics Lab		| room: 1220 - tel. #: (212) 998 3370
			| WWW:    http://found.cs.nyu.edu/marcoxa

...e` la semplicita` che e` difficile a farsi.
...it is simplicity that is difficult to make.
				Bertholdt Brecht