From: Thien Nguyen
Subject: How is ILU as mean of Inter-process communication?
I am running Franz Allegro 4.2 on Sun Solaris.  I would like
to have a C process and a Lisp process talk to each other.  Allegro
supports calling foreign functions from within Lisp, i.e. Lisp process
is the "main" module calling subroutine happened to be written in C.
This is not what I want.  I want the C and Lisp processes to be
independent of each other.

Looking at Inter-Language Unification (ILU) manual, ILU seems to
support this feature.

Now, these are my questions:

1)  Have anybody used ILU for the above task?  What were your
experiences?  Is this the way to go?

2)  are there any alternatives for inter-process communication?

Any suggestions/ pointers are greatly appreciated.

thien
--
Thien Nguyen
StatSci (a division of MathSoft)		Phone: (206) 283-8802 x287