From: D. Erway
Subject: Which CLOS Tools?
We are considering using a CLOS environment for a new project, at least as a
stopgap until Dylan arrives.

After reading the FAQ, it appears that Franz & Harlequin are the main
commercial lisp tool vendors.  (If I have missed anyone really significant
*please* let me know.)

I could not find any references to reviews of their current offerings.  If you
could pick any tools, which would you pick, and why?

We need Un*x and NT deployment.  Un*x development is fine.  We need animated
GUIs.  We need OO database binding - like probably ODI.

Who has the best dev tools?

Who has the best GUI tools?  Are they all the same because they are all CLIM?

Who has the best deployment tools for producing compact efficient code?

Thanks is advance.

Don

	Don Erway			······@ndc.com
	NDC Systems			818-358-1871
	730 E. Cypress Ave		Fax:303-5770
	Monrovia, CA, 91016

Disclaimer: These are my own personal opinions, and not those of my company,
or anyone else.
From: D. Erway
Subject: Re: Which CLOS Tools?
By the way, for straight un*x development, are the commercial lisp
environments any better than the public domain ones, say CMUCL, or GCL?

What about Garnet?  Is it as good or better than the commercial CLIMs?

Thanks,
Don