From: Wallace Mann
Subject: Symbolics LISP Machines FOR SALE
FOR SALE:  Symbolics LISP Machines & Parts

MUST SELL!!!  GREAT DEALS!!!  OUR LAB IS MOVING!!

The Computer Science Robotics Lab at Stanford University
has until SEPTEMBER 10th to get rid of all our LISP
machines.  If we haven't sold them by then, we have to
junk them.  Make an offer today!

WORKING SYSTEMS FOR SALE:

(1)  3670 w/ 7MW memory, CAD buffer, FPA,
		740Meg disk, monitor, color monitor
(2)  3640 2/ 6MW memory, CAD buffer, FPA
		370Meg disk, monitor, color monitor
(3)  3640 w/ 5MW memory, 740Meg disk, monitor

*  Numbers 1 & 2  are currently running.
*  Number 3 was working fine when turned off a few months ago.
*  Some of the disks are sitting in adjacent, empty cabinets.

ADDITIONAL PARTS FOR SALE:

Color Monitors		5
BW monitors		2
CAD Buffer boards	1
2 MW memory		4
1 MW memory		5
512K memory		32
DP board		13
MC board		8
FE board		7
SQ board		10
XSQ board		4
IFU board		3
FPA			2
CTL			4
PROC			2
FEP/IO			2
CM			5

*  Some parts are pretty old REV numbers.
*  None of these are guaranteed to be working, but we've been using
   them to maintain our machines for years.

CONTACT:	Wallace Mann
		···@flamingo.stanford.edu
		415-851-2553

TERMS:
*	We'll sell to the best offer that we get soon.
*	Buyer has to pick up machines from Stanford.
*	Everything must be picked up by SEPTEMBER 10th.
*	Everything is sold "as is".  Pay when you pick up.
From: Norman J. Jaffe
Subject: Re: Symbolics LISP Machines FOR SALE
In article <··········@Radon.Stanford.EDU>, ···@tensor.Stanford.EDU
(Wallace Mann) wrote:

> FOR SALE:  Symbolics LISP Machines & Parts
>
> MUST SELL!!!  GREAT DEALS!!!  OUR LAB IS MOVING!!
>
> The Computer Science Robotics Lab at Stanford University
> has until SEPTEMBER 10th to get rid of all our LISP
> machines.  If we haven't sold them by then, we have to
> junk them.  Make an offer today!
>
> CONTACT:        Wallace Mann
>                 ···@flamingo.stanford.edu
>                 415-851-2553
>
> TERMS:
> *       We'll sell to the best offer that we get soon.
> *       Buyer has to pick up machines from Stanford.
> *       Everything must be picked up by SEPTEMBER 10th.
> *       Everything is sold "as is".  Pay when you pick up.

I have two 3640s and a 3650, and would very much like to get some of these
parts as spares, but I'm in Canada, which makes picking them up at
Stanford difficult. I'm interested in finding someone willing to help me
pick up some of the boards. Here's the deal: I'll pay shipping and a small
fee. Please e-mail me ASAP so that the logistics can be arranged.

Norman Jaffe                                       |    The Hall of
(·····@cs.sfu.ca, ······@portal.ca) | Unnatural Science &
Aurel Systems, Inc.,                            |  Home for Wayward
Burnaby, B.C., Canada                        |     Computers