From: Shereef B.M. Shehata
Subject: Help, (Emacs <-> LISP) interface for allegro!
Hello Everyone:

I have a problem getting the emacs/lisp interface running.

First the  "site-init" is loaded, which in turn loads  several files.

when it comes to load the line

(load "fi/keys.elc")

it gives an error that is:

	can not open tags

I checked the file  "keys.el"

it has  the following line:

		(require 'tags)

I have no idea about lisp nor emacs. However i need to run a lisp program.

(I know that this is supposed to be done by the system analyst, our analyst who
  knew about lisp and emacs, has left :<)

Any help or clue will be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

shereef

From: Anders Vinjar
Subject: Re: Help, (Emacs <-> LISP) interface for allegro!
Try using the ilisp-interface.

 ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/ai/lang/lisp/util/emacs/ilisp/

["Shereef B.M. Shehata" <·······@vlsi.concordia.ca>]:
   Hello Everyone: I have a problem getting the emacs/lisp interface running.

From: k p c
Quoth "Shereef B.M. Shehata" <·······@vlsi.concordia.ca>:
> [unformattable query]
> I have no idea about lisp nor emacs. However i need to run a lisp program.

Your options are, in the order I think will help you the most:

	o use M-x shell instead.  Forget about a fancy interface.
	o use ilisp.
	o get tags someplace.
	o spoof Allegro by providing tags somehow.

If you are not going to use Allegro much, forget about its emacs
modes.

If you are going to use it a lot, use ilisp.  I recommend ilisp to
heavy Lisp, including Allegro, hackers, at least up to fcl4.2.

If you are going to use it a lot and deal with Allegro multiprocessing
a lot and will not ever use another Lisp or Scheme than Allegro, try
to get Allegro's interface to work.

Friendly advice: line lengths less than 75 characters, consistent left
margins, and single spacing make Usenet and email discussions easier.

If you follow up, please also reply by email.
---
···@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov.  AI, multidisciplinary neuroethology, info filtering.
Anything looks like a straight line if you plot it on a log-log graph & squint.